Ideas for ducks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Making duck proscuitto is wasting duck?! Rob, man you are spoiled! :emoji_laughing: I am on Lake Erie and is a big duck area. Nearly all the nicer restaurants here serve duck confit but maybe its a northern thing tho.
I did some confit with chicken thighs this weekend in sous vide specifically to practice to do duck breast next. I’ll be posting it up later.

Reactions: zwiller and 73saint
Just remembered another northern (Great White North that is) poutine. French fries fried in duck fat with cheese curds covered in gravy (made with... yes, duck stock).

Reactions: jcam222 and 73saint
Looks like a lot of nice suggestions all I can say is call me when you serve what ever. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:
Yea we always clean the entire bird waste not want not. :emoji_wink:

Warren

Reactions: 73saint
73saint 73saint

This is one of my very favorites. . .Give it a try!

John

Grilled Rolled Goose/Duck Breasts

• Marinate the breasts in whatever marinade you prefer for at least 24 hours.
  • Place the breasts on a cutting board and slice them in half almost to the end (butterfly them).
  • Place the breasts on the grill pocket side down. Grill for a minute or so enough to brown and sear the inside.
  • Remove from the grill. In the pocket lay a slice of Smoked Gouda, strips of Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, and a slice/glob of Cream Cheese*.
  • Close the pocket. Wrap and roll the breasts with a strip of bacon to fully close and secure with a toothpick. Place the rolled breasts on the covered grill at medium heat for 8 to 9 minutes each side.
  • Serve with wild rice, a good red wine, and enjoy!

* Any cheese or pepper combination can be substituted to suit your tastes. I have used Jalapeno Peppers and Pepperjack Cheese for a kicked up version of this recipe.

Reactions: 73saint
Looks like a lot of nice suggestions all I can say is call me when you serve what ever. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:
Yea we always clean the entire bird waste not want not. :emoji_wink:

Warren
You’re right about that Warren! Thanks!

73saint 73saint

This is one of my very favorites. . .Give it a try!

John

Grilled Rolled Goose/Duck Breasts

• Marinate the breasts in whatever marinade you prefer for at least 24 hours.
  • Place the breasts on a cutting board and slice them in half almost to the end (butterfly them).
  • Place the breasts on the grill pocket side down. Grill for a minute or so enough to brown and sear the inside.
  • Remove from the grill. In the pocket lay a slice of Smoked Gouda, strips of Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, and a slice/glob of Cream Cheese*.
  • Close the pocket. Wrap and roll the breasts with a strip of bacon to fully close and secure with a toothpick. Place the rolled breasts on the covered grill at medium heat for 8 to 9 minutes each side.
  • Serve with wild rice, a good red wine, and enjoy!

* Any cheese or pepper combination can be substituted to suit your tastes. I have used Jalapeno Peppers and Pepperjack Cheese for a kicked up version of this recipe.
Thanks John, this looks incredible!

Lots of amazing sounding suggestions!
We barely ever see fully plumed teal like that up here, they leave long before that.

Smoked duck anything. Heck, even smoked Coot is delicious (Don't knock it til you've tried it). Always do various brines etc. to impart flavor. However, one of the best ways to serve imo is smoked duck paté.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky