I wanted to try, " Bacon on a Stick " so here it is

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They look delicious! I've only made them once and loved them...well what I got of them anyways, my son might have inhaled quite a few by himself!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

I know what you mean, if I was not holding the knife to cut them they would have moved away as just 2 slabs, friggin gannets. lol

David

Thanks Jeff for the like and the comment

I am thinking it was from the pineapple juice because that is really the only thing other than the 48 hour cure I did different on the ribs , and I have done a few racks of ribs, a few different ways. Normally use just a spray of apple juice.
Or could it have been the 48 hour cure , I will find out on the next round.......because this will happen

David

It All Looks Great, David!! Nice Job! Like.
It's the Heavy use of Pineapple, that gave you the extra tender.
The 48 hours in cure is just to get the "Cured Flavor", without getting too salty.
If you were to cure it completely, you would have had to cut the cure amount back because of the bones, and go longer to finish curing.
I made them 48 hours to get it done quicker, but still get the Cured Flavor, without any extra salt flavor.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
It All Looks Great, David!! Nice Job! Like.
It's the Heavy use of Pineapple, that gave you the extra tender.
The 48 hours in cure is just to get the "Cured Flavor", without getting too salty.
If you were to cure it completely, you would have had to cut the cure amount back because of the bones, and go longer to finish curing.
I made them 48 hours to get it done quicker, but still get the Cured Flavor, without any extra salt flavor.

Bear

Thanks Bear for the like and the comment

Yes I really think it was the pineapple juice also., They were good just too tender for me.

But you know what this means , I have to do it again :emoji_sunglasses:. A guy has to do what a guy has to do

David

Wow! never thought about this. Might be a cheaper and faster way for me to step into making bacon. Going to try this with lots of black pepper put on it before the smoke.

Looks really great, nice job!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow! never thought about this. Might be a cheaper and faster way for me to step into making bacon. Going to try this with lots of black pepper put on it before the smoke.

If you're looking for a cheaper way of making Bacon, you might want to try Buckboard Bacon. It's made from a Shoulder or "Butt", and many of us think it's even a tastier Bacon than Belly Bacon.
Here's How:
Buckboard Bacon (Step by Step) Nov 4, 2018

Bear

Reactions: clifish

Thanks clifish for the like and the comment

I have wanted to do this for awhile, Bearcarver Bearcarver and pops6927 pops6927 show how to do this and did this quite awhile ago , and others sense

Have fun if you do it. I will be doing this again , going to give Pop's way a try next to compare

give it awhirl🌪🌪

david

If you're looking for a cheaper way of making Bacon, you might want to try Buckboard Bacon. It's made from a Shoulder or "Butt", and many of us think it's even a tastier Bacon than Belly Bacon.
Here's How:
Buckboard Bacon (Step by Step) Nov 4, 2018

Bear
Thanks, I see in that thread you use Tender quick, I have Cure #1 do I use that in the same ratio?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky