• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I finally got a good knife

DougE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 13, 2010
I have become addicted to the Bearded Butchers youtube channel, and this knife is the one they use in most of their videos. Victorinox 6 inch semi-stiff boning knife with rosewood handle. I'm tired of trying to trim/debone meat with junky knives and figure if they use this knife in a commercial setting, it should more than suit my needs.
new knife.jpg

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
I have the same one only with a rubber handle, you won't be disappointed.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
You will enjoy that knife. I run them and they are great steel.

Brokenhandle

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Looks like a nice knife! I'll have to keep an eye out for one. I'll just tell my wife... it's ok honey, it's only semi stiff!

Ryan

negolien

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2020
Yeah boning knives are useful for a lot of things. I have a 6" boning/paring gladiator from dalstrong that I use A LOT and I have an 8" vegi chefs knife too. I been thinking about getting a 6 inch chef's lately to be honest 8's a bit long. as a btw I suggest a rough fine pull thru and a honing rod no need to go all stone unless you ocd.

civilsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 27, 2015
Victorinox makes a nice blade, I have had the Swiss Army model in my pocket for many many years!

I also really like their modern chef knifes with walnut handles......just classy and modern!

DougE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 13, 2010
Yeah boning knives are useful for a lot of things. I have a 6" boning/paring gladiator from dalstrong that I use A LOT and I have an 8" vegi chefs knife too. I been thinking about getting a 6 inch chef's lately to be honest 8's a bit long. as a btw I suggest a rough fine pull thru and a honing rod no need to go all stone unless you ocd.
I figure this should be all I need for quite awhile.

Doug

Steel.jpg

Last edited:

Dive Bar Casanova

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 3, 2021
I bought the Franklin to make me feel like I know what I'm doing.
Actually more of a souvenir than a kitchen tool but it works great, sharpens and holds it's edge nicely and comfortable handle.
knifeboning1_370x.jpg

Worth a look is the $4 with coupon Harbor Freight adjustable sharpener. From my Knives to the lawnmower blades, it's fantastic:

image_7671.jpg

Last edited:

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 12, 2011
Good Knives, Good Bourbon and a Good Woman! Once you got the basics, everything else is just another Toy... JJ

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice knife!
I have one too!
Al

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I have that knife and a smaller one from them in my collection. Good products.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I finally got a decent knife set after using junk knives forever. Almost sent myself to the ER with them the first time I used them. Cut so much easier than what I had been fighting with.
Jim
Yea I call BS on whoever said “dull knives are more dangerous or likely to cut you”. I learned differently on my first couple razor sharp knives complete with stitches lol. I learned to respect them quickly.

DougE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 13, 2010
Yea I call BS on whoever said “dull knives are more dangerous or likely to cut you”. I learned differently on my first couple razor sharp knives complete with stitches lol. I learned to respect them quickly.
Been my experience that any of them will cut ya, sharp ones usually make a deeper cut is the only difference I've found.

Doug

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Been my experience that any of them will cut ya, sharp ones usually make a deeper cut is the only difference I've found.

Doug
Yep right to the bone for stickers vs a dull knife sending me for a bandaid haha

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
jcam222 jcam222 Was surprised how easily the new knives cut. Was like cutting warm butter vs having to saw away at it. Almost did send myself to the ER. LOL.
Jim

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.