I asked Chat GPT how to smoke ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcokevin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2016
Orlando FL
Kicking around some ChatGPT prompts with coworkers today and thought this would be funny. I entered the prompt "What's the best way to smoke ribs?" .

Here is the response:

Smoking ribs is a time-honored tradition and there are many different ways to do it. Here is a general process for smoking ribs that can result in a delicious and tender finished product:

1. Choose your wood: The type of wood you use for smoking will have an impact on the flavor of your ribs. Popular options include hickory, apple, cherry, mesquite, and oak.
  2. Prep the ribs: Remove the silver skin from the back of the ribs and season them generously with a dry rub of your choice. Wrap the ribs in plastic wrap and let them rest in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to let the flavors meld.
  3. Heat up your smoker: Preheat your smoker to a temperature of 225-250 degrees Fahrenheit. Once it's up to temperature, add your wood chips to the smoker box or directly onto the coals.
  4. Smoke the ribs: Place the ribs on the smoker, bone side down. Close the lid and let them smoke for 3-4 hours, depending on the thickness of the ribs. After 2 hours, you can start basting the ribs with a sauce of your choice.
  5. Check for doneness: After 3-4 hours of smoking, check the ribs for doneness by gently probing them with a toothpick or meat thermometer. The internal temperature should be around 190-203 degrees Fahrenheit and the meat should be tender and pulling away from the bone.
  6. Rest the ribs: Once the ribs are done, remove them from the smoker and let them rest for 10-15 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
  7. Serve and enjoy: Cut the ribs into individual portions and serve with additional sauce if desired.
Overall, the key to smoking ribs is to maintain a low and slow temperature to ensure the meat becomes tender and flavorful. With practice, you can adjust the process to suit your personal taste preferences and create your own signature smoked ribs.

Not bad for a computer :emoji_laughing:

yep. not too bad at all. It probably copied it from this Forum somewhere...

HT
I just tried to figure that out! No luck:

Me: Can you tell me where specifically that information came from?

AI: As an AI language model, I do not have the ability to recall specific sources or authors for the information I provided in my earlier response about smoking ribs. My responses are generated based on patterns and associations in a large dataset of text, rather than drawing from a specific source or author.

I aim to provide accurate and helpful information based on the data available to me, but I do not have the ability to trace the exact origin of the information. If you have any specific questions or concerns about the information I provided, I'd be happy to clarify or provide additional context to the best of my ability.

Me: Do you ever get information from smokingmeatforums.com?

AI:
As an AI language model, I do not have the ability to browse or access specific websites like SmokingMeatForums.com. However, my training data does include a wide variety of sources related to barbecuing, cooking, and food, so it's possible that information from that website or others like it could be present in the dataset from which I draw my knowledge.

In general, my responses are generated based on patterns and associations in the data I have been trained on, rather than drawing specifically from any one website or source. If you have any specific questions or concerns about the information I provide, I would be happy to provide clarification or additional context to the best of my ability.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
I just tried to figure that out! No luck:

Me: Can you tell me where specifically that information came from?

AI: As an AI language model, I do not have the ability to recall specific sources or authors for the information I provided in my earlier response about smoking ribs. My responses are generated based on patterns and associations in a large dataset of text, rather than drawing from a specific source or author.

I aim to provide accurate and helpful information based on the data available to me, but I do not have the ability to trace the exact origin of the information. If you have any specific questions or concerns about the information I provided, I'd be happy to clarify or provide additional context to the best of my ability.

Me: Do you ever get information from smokingmeatforums.com?

AI:
As an AI language model, I do not have the ability to browse or access specific websites like SmokingMeatForums.com. However, my training data does include a wide variety of sources related to barbecuing, cooking, and food, so it's possible that information from that website or others like it could be present in the dataset from which I draw my knowledge.

In general, my responses are generated based on patterns and associations in the data I have been trained on, rather than drawing specifically from any one website or source. If you have any specific questions or concerns about the information I provide, I would be happy to provide clarification or additional context to the best of my ability.
In other words, it would have to kill you if it told you...:emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: mcokevin
Jeeves
63E5B224-43D1-4A17-BCFC-20D20E433093.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky