• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hukki sausage casings needed

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Wife saw a picture of some hukki style sausage and now wants me to make some.  I can't find the casings at my normal suppliers (Walton's, BP, SM).

Anyone know of a good source?  Cabela's isn't an option, I looked at theirs and it's just SS casing with netting, I need the lumps and bumps action...

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Globe Casing Co., PO Box 355, Lodi, NJ 07644. Tel: 973-777-5780; Fax: 973-777-5338.

Richie

mkriet

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 21, 2015
Wife saw a picture of some hukki style sausage and now wants me to make some.  I can't find the casings at my normal suppliers (Walton's, BP, SM).

Anyone know of a good source?  Cabela's isn't an option, I looked at theirs and it's just SS casing with netting, I need the lumps and bumps action...
I checked online and the website wisconsincheeseman.Com has some.

Here were a few others I found.

http://www.eldonsausage.com/Hukki-Honeycombed-Casings-Bundle-of-3-p/ekc-433.htm

http://www.meatandpoultryonline.com/doc/hukki-casing-0001

http://globecasing.com/artificial_sausage_casings/collagen_sausage_casing

I haven't used any of them, so can't say whether any of them are any good, but that should give you a start.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Can't help you! Maybe there's a local butcher that makes sausage that could help you locate some. When I first got into sausage making I bought my casings from one here. He also did classes, I never went to one, but he always was doing something off the wall.

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010

Why did you hate them.   Looks like a lot of air could get trapped in them.

They look neat.
You have to soak the heck outta them because the casing is thick. If not soaked good the casing sticks.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014

You have to soak the heck outta them because the casing is thick. If not soaked good the casing sticks.
That's a good thing to know!  Thanks for that and the lead.

I may try and talk her out of this one.  I'm all about a nice looking link, but this one may be a bit too much...

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013

I read the description on them links that was  posted, they say they are super thin.   Do not soak.   LOL

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014

I read the description on them links that was  posted, they say they are super thin.   Do not soak.   LOL
I read that on the Globes web site.I got Sheep casings from them 

Richie

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010

You should have seen the 5lbs that i didnt soak when i read that too. 5lbs stuck and tossed.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.