Howdy from Houston

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Scap

Original poster
Jan 17, 2020
Just got my first pellet smoker yesterday.
PitBoss Pro 1100.

Broke it in with some chicken breasts last night, but wanted to join up over here to see what it can really do.

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from y'all.

Reactions: JC in GB
Just did 3 chicken breasts for my wife to chop and put in her salads she takes for lunch.

At the same time, decided to do a couple of ABTs for myself. Nothing fancy, straight cream cheese and a slice of Apple wood smoked bacon wrapped around it. Wasn't sure what to expect, but I fell in love.

Next time, I want to mix in some onions and/or chives. Even have some leftover Thanksgiving stuffing in the freezer that might go good in them, too.

It was almost too easy!
IMG_20200119_172808.jpg

Just did a couple Ribeyes and an acorn squash.
Used B&B Cherry pellets, smoked the squash for half an hour, then ramped up the heat to 350 and tossed the steaks on.

Squash tasted great, but really wasn't done all the way. Steak was like a slice of heaven.

Wife approved. I proclaimed the Pit Boss to be the best purchase ever. She just looked at me like I was crazy, but didn't say no. I think the steak was too busy giving her inappropriate feelings. Lol

IMG_20200128_183421.jpg

Reactions: BuckeyeSteve
Welcome and Howdy from East Texas, great forum and great people.

Looks Great !!

Gary

Reactions: Scap
Today's adventure.
Pit Boss Competition Pellets.
Super trimmed brisket from HEB with a homemade rub.
Jalapeno poppers (ATB) stuffed with 50/50 Johnsonville sweet Italian sausage and Philadelphia Cream Cheese, wrapped in HEB Apple Wood Smoked Bacon.
And a sourdough loaf proofing in the kitchen, waiting to go in the oven.

IMG_20200208_064834.jpg
IMG_20200208_104809.jpg
IMG_20200208_104811.jpg
IMG_20200208_111332.jpg

Pulled the ATBs a few minutes ago. They are absolutely delicious.

IMG_20200208_121539.jpg

Reactions: gary s
Brisket flat was tough, so tomorrow it's going to become "chop with sauce" sandwiches.

I wish I had some of those peppers right now Mmmmm

Gary

Reactions: Scap
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky