How to peel a head of garlic in less than ten seconds!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have used it several times and there are two keys, the stainless bowl and large bowls.  You can do it with smaller bowls but it takes a longer  time 

Hmmmm!

I'll have to try that!

Thanks for the tip!

sausage.gif

Last edited:
If I wasn't so old, I would remember that for next harvest on drying the stuff..... Peeling it using the fingernail method takes HOURS.....

Thanks very much for the thread.... Dave

If I wasn't so old, I would remember that for next harvest on drying the stuff..... Peeling it using the fingernail method takes HOURS.....

Thanks very much for the thread.... Dave

I was thinking of the post you made about how much time it took when I saw that!!

Craig

I was thinking of the post you made about how much time it took when I saw that!!

Craig

Craig,    remind me in July.....  Please..... Dave

I just tried it with a a couple big plastic bowls...it worked pretty good!

Now I've gotta make a big batch of garlic sausage!!! LOL

sausage.gif
Hahahhahah I was hoping it would work with plastic..

I said ...dang I dont want to buy a couple stainless bowls...

Craig

I just tried it with a a couple big plastic bowls...it worked pretty good!

Now I've gotta make a big batch of garlic sausage!!! LOL

sausage.gif
Now I need to go back and give it another shot with the plastic. I think I used it with some medium ones and they don't allow it to travel far enough to impact right 

I gotta try this. I have gone to using the jar of minced garlic since I HATE pealing the stuff. I gotta add more to get the same flavor from fresh. 

It works great with plastic bowls! Did 4 pounds of garlic over the holidays this way. Was making garlic powder for Christmas presents.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky