How long will pulled pork last in a ziplock

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dougmays

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 18, 2010
Gainesville, FL
I dont have a vacuum sealer yet...and i'm going on a camping trip next weekend so i wanted to smoke a butt this weekend in preparation.  Can i put the pulled pork in a ziplock bag or tupperware and it'll be ok for a week?   Should i freeze in stead of refridgerate?

If its only a week I'm sure it would be fine as I eat stuff all the time in the fridge that is over a week old. But if it were me I would freeze it then thaw before eating. I think it would be a little more fresh tasting. But thats just me.

I agree with the majority, freeze it. I put mine in portion sizes for two people since it's just my wife and me.

Have fun

Joe

Yep - a zip lock will work. Try to get as much air out as you can before throwing it in the freezer.

icon_cool.gif

I'm with most here and say yes you'll be fine but I would freeze it first. Then let it thaw as you travel

I'm sure its frozen by now but I agree with freezing it. I'd bag it again and pack it in the cooler to keep other stuff cold as it defrosts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky