• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How long will pulled pork last in a ziplock

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Nov 18, 2010
I dont have a vacuum sealer yet...and i'm going on a camping trip next weekend so i wanted to smoke a butt this weekend in preparation.  Can i put the pulled pork in a ziplock bag or tupperware and it'll be ok for a week?   Should i freeze in stead of refridgerate?

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
If its only a week I'm sure it would be fine as I eat stuff all the time in the fridge that is over a week old. But if it were me I would freeze it then thaw before eating. I think it would be a little more fresh tasting. But thats just me.

smokin relaxin steve

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2010
If its only a week I'm sure it would be fine as I eat stuff all the time in the fridge that is over a week old. But if it were me I would freeze it then thaw before eating. I think it would be a little more fresh tasting. But thats just me.

Agreed... I think you should freeze it

ol' smokey

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 4, 2009
I agree with the majority, freeze it. I put mine in portion sizes for two people since it's just my wife and me.

Have fun

Joe

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Ziplocks will work fine, I agree also with freezing it.

ellymae

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 21, 2009
Yep - a zip lock will work. Try to get as much air out as you can before throwing it in the freezer.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I'm with most here and say yes you'll be fine but I would freeze it first. Then let it thaw as you travel

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I agree with the above, just make sure you use freezer bags.

theracenut

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 29, 2010
I'm sure its frozen by now but I agree with freezing it. I'd bag it again and pack it in the cooler to keep other stuff cold as it defrosts.

link523

Joined Feb 3, 2010
freeze it!!    try it in one of  those cast iron hobo pie cookers.      
 some white bread,pulled pork,and cheese. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.