How I Fixed My Waring Pro Slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xutfuzzy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 14, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
My cheap Waring slicer died last week; you could hear the gearbox turning but the blade wasn't spinning.  After walking away for a bit to calm down, I returned and started to take it apart.  I found the culprit: a metal worm gear was responsible for spinning a cheap plastic gear, and the metal gear had clearly worn down the cogs of the plastic gear.  A quick Google search led me to a couple of places that sold replacement parts, and a little over a week later the part arrived.  Here is a picture tutorial on how to replace that gear.

Hope this saves someone some trouble somewhere down the road!  All told this takes about 5 minutes to fix.  The hard part was waiting for the replacement gear to arrive.

I am interested in your supplier as well as I am the owner of a Waring as well, thanks Craig. It works fine but a source may be useful in the future...JJ

I typed something like "waring fs150 replacement gear" into Google, and started looking at a few.  There are a couple of sites, but I ordered from www.smallappliance.com after I found a site that had a diagram of all of the parts with labels, so I felt safe ordering the exact gear I needed.  I paid extra for "expedited processing" but it still took almost a week before it was shipped.  All told, it was 10 days from ordering to getting it in my mailbox.

I would suggest looking around though...there was one site that I found AFTER I had placed my order that offered a set of three of the gears (apparently they know this is a problem) for almost the same price, and also had much more reasonable shipping rates.

What I used:

http://www.smallappliance.com/produ...4&gid=18971&prdCls=P&PartsPaNu=1&shopBy=Brand

What I will use in the future:

http://www.buy-it-now-store.com/wapromeslmog.html

I just bought this slicer at a garage sale for $10. I sliced an onion to test it, worked well. Looking for a blade now, genuine Waring is almost $100, which is more than I can buy a brand new slicer for. I see a few that look like they will fork for under $30, I'll let you know what I find. If you have a source let me know. I bought this to slice pork belly, plan on homemade bacon soon.

I was just gifted a used one of these. Everything seems in order with one exception...... The slicer is stuck on one thickness.

The dial for adjusting thickness turns alright but it doesn't adjust the thickness like it's suppose to.

If someone could explain to me how to fix this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance!

Sincerely,
Jess.

The width sliding plate has been reassembled in the incorrect position.. I did that with mine once... There should be a mark on the knob where it needs to be set when sliding the plate in.. My mark got worn off.. I readjusted everything and finally got it to work correctly and remarked the knob....
remove the sliding plate... Look under the slicer to check out the gearing etc.,,, Trial and error ""should" give some insight as to how it all functions..... I damn near ran out of patience trying to get it to work properly... When it fell into place.... it was a real AHA !!!!! moment....

The width sliding plate has been reassembled in the incorrect position.. I did that with mine once... There should be a mark on the knob where it needs to be set when sliding the plate in.. My mark got worn off.. I readjusted everything and finally got it to work correctly and remarked the knob....
remove the sliding plate... Look under the slicer to check out the gearing etc.,,, Trial and error ""should" give some insight as to how it all functions..... I damn near ran out of patience trying to get it to work properly... When it fell into place.... it was a real AHA !!!!! moment....

If this mark on the knob were intact, what would it resemble, and where on the knob would it be located?

Thanks in advance!

What I need to know is not covered in the manual or any YouTube videos.

Which is why I asked Dave to elaborate on what he previously told me.

Picture quality sucks... It'll work...
OK, there was a factory mark where my mark is.... When the 1 mark lined up with the other, the meat thickness adjuster would pull out and was removed for cleaning..
Line the marks back up, and you could slide the adjusting plate back in...
Well, I had it out and during the cleaning process the mark on the knob finally disappeared.. I had to adjust the knob so the adjuster would slide in, but it would not adjust...
It seems, to my addled brain, I had to tweak the knob setting several times during the reassembly to finally find the location where the knob was supposed to be to get all the parts lined up correctly in the platen for all the stuff to work correctly....
It was a very frustrating reassembly, to say the least.. At one point, I think I had to walk away and contemplate what was going on in the slicer, then attack the problem again...
If memory serves, I think it was a very minor knob adjustment that finally got stuff to work correctly...
Had it been yesterday this happened, I could have provided more detail... It happened several years ago...
If the description seems a bit confusing, it probably is....
I don't have any definitive process steps to relate to you... Sorry....
When and if you get stuff working correctly, there will be a monumental sigh of relief and accomplishment.... Been there---Had that.....

Dave....

DSCF0313.JPG

Hello, guys.

Do anybody knows where can I find a replacement for a part of a Waring Pro food slicer model SC200, specifically the plastic ring that is in contact with the plastic gear of the slicer? I´m attaching a picture of the plastic ring just in case you have some ideas.

Thanbks a lot in advance.

Attachments

• Waring Pro - Plastic ring.jpg
    Waring Pro - Plastic ring.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 19
I could not find it either. However the FS800 has/had a large part similar to your photo but is discontinued. Probably a waste of time. Found nothing for the smaller slicers. Time for a new slicer!
Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 9.45.23 PM.png

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky