• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How I Fixed My Waring Pro Slicer

xutfuzzy

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 14, 2006
My cheap Waring slicer died last week; you could hear the gearbox turning but the blade wasn't spinning.  After walking away for a bit to calm down, I returned and started to take it apart.  I found the culprit: a metal worm gear was responsible for spinning a cheap plastic gear, and the metal gear had clearly worn down the cogs of the plastic gear.  A quick Google search led me to a couple of places that sold replacement parts, and a little over a week later the part arrived.  Here is a picture tutorial on how to replace that gear.

Hope this saves someone some trouble somewhere down the road!  All told this takes about 5 minutes to fix.  The hard part was waiting for the replacement gear to arrive.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Glad you were able to fix it easy.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Good to know..... Where did you find the replacement gear ??? May be good info for others.....   Dave

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I am interested in your supplier as well as I am the owner of a Waring as well, thanks Craig. It works fine but a source may be useful in the future...JJ

xutfuzzy

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 14, 2006
I typed something like "waring fs150 replacement gear" into Google, and started looking at a few.  There are a couple of sites, but I ordered from www.smallappliance.com after I found a site that had a diagram of all of the parts with labels, so I felt safe ordering the exact gear I needed.  I paid extra for "expedited processing" but it still took almost a week before it was shipped.  All told, it was 10 days from ordering to getting it in my mailbox.

I would suggest looking around though...there was one site that I found AFTER I had placed my order that offered a set of three of the gears (apparently they know this is a problem) for almost the same price, and also had much more reasonable shipping rates.

What I used:

http://www.smallappliance.com/produ...4&gid=18971&prdCls=P&PartsPaNu=1&shopBy=Brand

What I will use in the future:

http://www.buy-it-now-store.com/wapromeslmog.html

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.