Hot sauce time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
The Cayenne peppers arrived that to Robert tx smoker tx smoker . So I divided the batch. And made some hot sauce using gary s gary s recipe
Here is my Cayenne Pepper sauce Recipe
Frank’s Hot Sauce (Copycat)
18 fresh cayenne peppers (ends & stems removed)
1 ½ cups
white vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon
salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sugar
DIRECTIONS

USING FRESH CAYENNE PEPPERS.

There are two different ways to prepare this sauce. You can use fresh cayenne peppers, or you can use cayenne peppers from your garden that you have canned.
If you're using fresh cayenne peppers, simply remove the ends and measure all of the ingredients into a small saucepan.
Heat over medium heat until boiling.
Reduce the heat slightly, but so the mixture continues to boil.
Simmer about 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove the mixture from heat, carefully pour it into a blender & puree until thick and smooth.
Transfer the mixture back into the saucepan and simmer another 15 minutes.
Let Cool and pour into bottles.

PB073372.jpg

PB073372.jpg

And I found some pearl onions. More on that in another thread.

PB073373.jpg

I doubled the amounts.

PB073377.jpg

I let it reduce quite a bit. So, what should have been close to a quart. I ended up with a touch under a pint. The flavor is real good. A bit warmer then Franks. But it has a good
heat and tang. This I'll make in a larger batch the next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky