Hot N’ Fast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thomas The Tank

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 24, 2018
Valparaiso, IN
Finally did a 21.91lber hot and fast. I used chilerelleno chilerelleno extreme hot and fast method as something to go off of. I used my rec teq BFG and started on lo for ~1.5 hrs then went to 275 for about 2 hrs, then cranked it up to 375, spritzed a few times with pineapple juice before wrapping, wrapped at 170 with a little bit of beef consume. Pulled at 207, one spot still had a bit of resistance, but the rest was like butter. Total cook time was ~7.5 hrs.

Since I used a pellet grill it had a lighter smoke flavor, some parts of the brisket were more pronounced than others. I did use 2 tubes, one full and the other half full.

Only real issue I had was the paper was stuck to the brisket when I was unrappping. It was the fat side since I had it down the entire cook, so it wasn’t the end of the world.

Served up with dutches beans (Sub Granny Smith apple instead of pineapple) cole slaw, pickled red onions and armadillo eggs.

All said and done I was pretty pleased with the results for the first time doing hot n fast. Next time I will let it ride on lo for another hour.

thanks for lookin!
15FEEA48-1385-4F7C-939D-BA6867E4B64A.jpeg

1B8CDDAB-9C8E-4F2B-98C7-4F395F44DE86.jpeg

63D46C1D-D498-4390-B103-3E565DB308FB.jpeg

ADD458C0-DDB3-4853-AF87-0A7D7CE7DF28.jpeg

0C201071-89CD-4A07-9094-DBEBD41B881B.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice plate. . .
Just out of curiosity what did you use for pellets in the tubes ? A heavier pronounced like mesquite or hickory. I would have thought a couple extra tubes would give sufficient smoke flavor.
Good to know ,thanks !

Thanks everyone! I did like the short cook, maybe some more hot n fast in the future. Just got to figure out how to get some more smoke since I only have pellet grills.

Very nice plate. . .
Just out of curiosity what did you use for pellets in the tubes ? A heavier pronounced like mesquite or hickory. I would have thought a couple extra tubes would give sufficient smoke flavor.
Good to know ,thanks !
I used lumberjack hickory. Maybe if I filled the second one up all the way, and let it go on lo a bit longer would have done the trick. I wouldn’t mind another 1/2 hour to 1hr. I normally go for about 2hrs on lo in my BFG.

Reactions: Winterrider
Fabulous looking plate. Nicely Done.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky