Honey Jerk Babybacks With Smoked Mac & Cheese Qview heavy! NOW WITH MAC&HEESE RECIPE!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
harborcreek,pa
Decided on some babybacks and mac&cheese for the game today. The jerk chicken was so good the other day that i used a modified jerk rub for the ribs.I added more honey grandulars,dark brown sugar and afew other things to change it up some.I rubbed them up the night before and added some more rub when i took them out to sit while i got the duo ready and up to temp.

11494535_ribrubbedresize.jpg

Put them on the duo at 230 with some cherry and mesquite chunks.Although it was cold today the duo ran like a champ i was able to keep it chugging along between 230-255 all day! I used a mop of apple juice,rum,and a little brown sugar for the first 2 hours.Then after the 2 hour mark i foiled them up with some of the mop juice.And put on the mac&cheese!

01d889ae_foilandcgeeseresize.jpg

Left them in the foil for 1.5 hours then removed the ribs and coated them with honey and let them smoke for another 55 mins.I gave the mac&cheese a stir and taste and decided to leave that on for awhile too. I didn't get too many pictures at this point cause i was watching the game but i did get alot of the finished product!! Here's the ribs.

6ed3affe_finishedribresize.jpg

And the mac& cheese,the cheeses i used were gouda,fontellia,and mild cheddar!Man, it was tasty!!

a2c86a1f_macresized.jpg

I cut up some ribs and was amazed i almost got the smoke ring all the way to the bone!!

0b5e8f26_cutribsandmacresizes.jpg

Man i was happy with these!

577db0a0_ribclose1resize.jpg

I couldn't help myself but to keep taking pics...while my wife was yelling at me to stop cause she was hungry!!lol..so i took more!!

fcfa2d29_ribclose2resize.jpg

Oh i almost forgot..i made some DR.PEPPER bbq sauce that i was on the forum afew days ago.I forget who posted it ( SORRY) but it was pretty good! I made a plate with and without the sauce,i liked them without the sauce myself.Wife liked it with the sauce...go figure!!!

6f4f6500_finishedplateresize.jpg

And one more just cause!!

473e97e5_platefinishedresize.jpg

Man i could not belive how good these babyback were!! By far the best one i have done sofar! Between the jerk,honey,and cherry and mesquite wood....dang!! i ate WAY more that i should have! Thanks for checking out my footbal snacks!!!--LES

Looks awesome!!! I need some pork ribs.  The boys in the house like the beef ones better but I think I need to put my foot down sometime soon. 

The smoked mac-n-cheese looks awesome also.  I can't get the boys (yes, them again) to eat anything but nasty Kraft

Maybe I need to look into getting some new boys!!!!

Thanks for the qview

Awesome chow Les!!

Looks like most of us had a great day cooking.

Must be the position of the moon.

>>>>>taking pics...while my wife was yelling at me to stop cause she was hungry!!lol..so i took more!!  

Here the call to the table is not made til the photo shoot is over. Hahahahahaha

Craig

LOL yeah craig i think i may have to do the dinner bell thing,the wife had a rib down before i got the pictures taken!!! bless her little sole!!!

I threatened to make my wife start taking the pictures before I would cut it up.... lol.

Nice job, that looks really good!

icon_cool.gif

Yes sir yee thoses are some fine looking ribs and I love Gouda  in your mac & cheese. Have you every tried Gruyere cheese in the mac & cheese I did and it;s out of this world.

I have not tried gruyere cheese in my mac&cheese,i have had it before it is a real creamy and smooth cheese.I can see where that would be good.When we do make it we write down what kind of cheese we used and then play with them to try some differant types.But i wil try the gruyere next time for sure!!

OK OK here is our mac& cheese recipe..LOL

3 CUPS MACARONI

3 TBL. BUTTER

3 TBL. AP FLOUR

2 1/2 CUPS MILK

2 1/2 CUPS HEAVY CREAM

3 CUPS SHREADED CHEESE,,ANY CHEESE YA WANT

SALT TO TASTE

PEPPER TO TASTE

ONION POWDER TO TASTE

GARLIC POWDER TO TASTE

IN SAUCE PAN BRING TO BOIL WATER AND COOK MACARONI FOR 3 MINS.  DRAIN PASTA AND PUT IN MED. FOIL PAN

IN SAUCE PAN ON MED. HEAT MELT BUTTER AND STIR IN FLOUR AND SPICES.

ADD MILK AND CREAM HEAT UNTILL THICKENS,STIRRING OCCASIONALLY TO KEEP FROM STCKING

ADD SHREADED CHEESE,STIR UNTILL MELTED

MIX CHEESE SAUCE TO MACARONI IN FOIL PAN.

FOR INCREASED BATCH SIZE ADD

TO EVERY 1 CUP OF MACARONI:

1 TBL. BUTTER

1 TBL. AP FLOUR

1 1/2 CUPS MILK OR CREAM

1 CUP CHEESE

TO SMOKE :

PLACE MIXED MACARONI  IN FOILPAN INTO SMOKER.

RUN SMOKER AS NORMAL TEMPS BETWEEN 225-250

STIR EVERY 45-60MINS.

TAKE A TASTE WHILE STIRRING TO CHECK FOR NOODLE DONENESS AND SMOKE FLAVOR

COOK UNTILL MACARONI IS TENDER AND CHEESE SAUCE IS THICKENED. ABOUT 2-3 HOURS

I ALWAYS CHECK THE TASTE FOR THE SMOKE, IT IS VERY EASY TO OVER SMOKE MAC&CHEESE

USE ANY TYPE WOOD YOU WANT MOST WORK WELL

ENJOY!!!!---LES

Les, I can't believe I missed this thread (I found it lookin' for smoked mac and cheese recipes). Ribs look Great and so does the mac and cheese. I will be making the mac and cheese this Friday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky