Homemade spam !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dabutcher

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 31, 2021
Just packaged up some spam I made a couple of days ago . It tasted like spam , maybe even a tad better . Cant beat a good fried spam sandwich or spam and eggs .
20220805_084052.jpg

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
That's on my list, hope mine turns out as well!

SmokinEdge

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
The process is fine and your product looks good, however in my opinion, using cure #1 and applying salt as a percentage of meat weight is much better flavor, also the water should contain gelatin, either as broth from cooked hocks or heads or just add some knox gelatin, it makes a difference In pressed ham.

radioguy

Master of the Pit
Jan 12, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
I love the homemade spam. I have used the Wolf Pit recipe many times. Will have to try the 2 guys recipe. Thanks for sharing 👍

RG

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
Love Spam.Thanks for posting.I'll certainly have to give homemade Spam a try.

Got two loaves of the lower sodium Spam in the smoker as we speak.And then later it will get sliced and thrown on the Q for quick sear and then onto some toasted bread with a little spicy mustard some fresh tomato and lettuce.Yum.

Reactions: chopsaw

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
It looks perfect . I wouldn't change a thing . Tender quick on this type of stuff is spot on . You nailed the texture too . Really nice work .

Reactions: Bearcarver

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Looks Outstanding D !!
Nice Job!
We're having SLTs tonight---Spam, Lettuce & Tomato Sammies on toast.
Like.

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw

Latest posts

Hot Threads