• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hobart 2812 Meat Slicer

mds51

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 10, 2011
Does anyone have a Hobart 2812 meat slicer? I am looking at one that is missing the deflector cover on the side the meat drops through and I was wondering if it is a necessary piece for proper operation and or safety.

deuce

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 9, 2012
They have the deflectors for the model 2812 on the internet for less than $30, pretty easy part to find it looks like. I think it should help make sure whatever your slicing clears the blade and drops out cleanly onto the tray.

Last edited:

jaxrmrjmr

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 21, 2013
I have a 2612.  I don't have a deflector and it works just fine. If I'm cutting thicker stuff like canadian bacon it falls in place just fine.  If I'm slicing things really thin then I push and pull with my right hand and use my left hand to catch the meat to I can stack it flat.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.