Hibatchi Steak, Chicken, Shrimp, vegetables and fried rice(Blackstone)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening fellas and non fellas. Cooked up some hibatchi tonight on the Blackstone. Got some pics and missed others. Stress runs high with a meal like this. Everything going so fast. Here goes......

First off butchered a whole beef tenderloin today for future steaks. Vac sealed most but held some out for tonight's meal.
20200422_133014.jpg
20200422_140206.jpg

Next I mixed up the hibatchi sauce while wife got veggies ready. I already had steak,chicken and shrimp slice and dusted with salt and pepper. Sauce consists of soy sauce, white vinegar, white sugar,minced garlic,white pepper and grated ginger. Brought to boil then let cool. Stirring constantly. House smelled delicious.

At this point griddle was on high and ready for the rice. Used jasmine from a bag. All I could find but was perfect.
20200422_183943.jpg

All the goodies. Put some diced onion on griddle to cook down. When done added frozen peas and carrots. Cooked till tender then add rice
20200422_185307.jpg

Cooked until rice was browning then added a splash of soy sauce brought everything together and cracked the eggs into it. Cooked a few more seconds. It was done
20200422_192749.jpg

Rhen on to the rest. Put some bigger chunks of onions on griddle. Cook down some then added brocolli florets, zucchini, mushrooms and let roll
20200422_191135.jpg

Moved it over once tender and added proteins
20200422_191811.jpg

During this added sliced green onions and mixed everything together and added the finishing sauce I made
20200422_192330.jpg

Couple minutes and done
20200422_192746.jpg

And my plate
20200422_193011.jpg

Man this was an absolutely perfect tasting home version of hibatchi. Rice was perfect. Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Looks good Jake I did some a week or two ago and plan to do it again next week hope it comes out as good as yours looks

After cooking the rice, do you rinse it? Do you refrigerate it? My rice is always too sticky and clumpy, especially jasmine rice. Your rice looks perfect!
Thanks

Last edited:
Nice job on the whole meal.
shutter198 shutter198 Check out this Video for how to make Rice for Fried Rice...JJ

Great looking meal Jake, that Blackstone is putting out some good food!!

I know it’s probably not...but is that squeeze bottle filled with Sake?

Like!

Fantastic Jake . Leftover eye round or pork loin works great for this . Nice work .

Great job Jake! Looks like you and the Blackstone are getting along pretty good!

Jake that looks awesome - great job!

After cooking the rice, do you rinse it? Do you refrigerate it? My rice is always too sticky and clumpy, especially jasmine rice. Your rice looks perfect!
Thanks
For fried rice try making it the day ahead - it makes a huge difference

Oh Yeah--Nice Job Jake!!
Now there's a pile of good looking Vittles I could get into!!
Like!

Bear

Great looking meal Jake. Love doing this on my flat top. Its been a little while and I need to change that. And I hear ya when you are cooking this stuff its hard to get pics because that thing churns out food so fast lol

Great job there Jake.
I think once we get free from this stay at home stuff you should have a party and give us all some lessons.

Warren

Nice flat top work Jake! IMO the flat top is often under utilized for making creations.....a thing that Blackstone is changing for the better! The only thing better is a multi-zone temp controlled flat top.....The bomb!

Awesome flat top job there JAKE! The only thing that would ruin a feast like that is having to use chop sticks. They limit your ability to scarf correctly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky