hi from kansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbgsmoker

Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
topeka ks
hi names John from topeka kansas 36 just started getting into smoking meats in past 6 months so still learning a lot and alot to go

Welcome to the site from papa T Michigan there are a lot of knowledge and people on the site and they're full of great information good luck

Not sure how big it was but sounds like you may have pulled it off a little early . But if it was good thats all that matters. Just think how much more tender it will be whenyou hit that sweet spot.

true but it was tender and juicy and it was a 17 lb not bad for my firstone problem i had was judging how much coals to keep 275

That's true its hard to guess the temperature of heat . You might want to look for a good remote control Gage . I love mine my wife bought me a ivation thermometer with both meat temperature and heat temperature works great . Good luck with your future smoking projects if i can help just ask.
Papa t

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky