• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hi from Gresham Oregon!

OldSmoke

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 5, 2020
Hi!

I am new to smoking. I bought a Mastertbuilt MPS 230S Propane Smoker on a good sale. I've wanted one for many years and the deal was good so it followed me home. I have had fun modifying it, and am still refining it. I started with smoked salmon and it came out great. Next up was chicken thighs and then a twice-smoked ham. Everything has been very good. In a few weeks I am hosting a BBQ lunch for some friends so the pressure is on!

I am having a great time and the forum has been very helpful. I must have spent weeks searching and researching the posts here. This is an incredible store of knowledge.

Thanks!

4F321EE1-6AA5-4978-ACA2-B3EDEA2462DF.jpeg

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Welcome from NorCal! It's nice you decided to join the forum: a lot of fun and knowledge here....

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Another welcome from NorCal! Just looking at that ham made my stomach growl with hunger! Enjoy the community!

Ray

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
That is some good looking Q!
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Hi!

I am new to smoking. I bought a Mastertbuilt MPS 230S Propane Smoker on a good sale. I've wanted one for many years and the deal was good so it followed me home. I have had fun modifying it, and am still refining it. I started with smoked salmon and it came out great. Next up was chicken thighs and then a twice-smoked ham. Everything has been very good. In a few weeks I am hosting a BBQ lunch for some friends so the pressure is on!

I am having a great time and the forum has been very helpful. I must have spent weeks searching and researching the posts here. This is an incredible store of knowledge.

Thanks!

View attachment 464860

Looks Great Old Smoke!!
Nothing Like a Double-Smoked Ham!!
Like.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.