Hi from a newbe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sagcalif

Original poster
Mar 15, 2006
Ventura, California
I'm Steve from Southern California and while I have been grilling for years (family, friends, and occasionaly for pay :mrgreen: ). I am just starting out in smoking. I have a small offset barrel smoker and have seasoned it but due to weather here lately have not cooked yet. I have been a member of an RV Forum for years and am looking forward to getting the same kind of help and advice here.

Welcome to Smoking Meat Forums Steve. You will find an amazing amount of smoking knowledge here folks willing to help you get started off right. There is everything from tips and tricks to recipes for you to try. If you haven't already done so, sign up for tulsa jeffs e-course on smoking foods. It is an excellent primer to get you started.

Again, welcome to Smoking Meat Forums!

Thanks for the welcome Earl. And thank you for the tip about the e-course, I have signed up and am looking forward to learning more.

Welcome Steve, man I can't believe you live in southern cali and are using an excuse of weather as a reason for not have smoked anything yet. I live in northern Minnesota and smoke all year round. Look forward to hearing from you on your future smokes.....

Howdy from WV Steve glad you could join us.We are always ready to help out on anything you need,David

Welocm Steve. Like everyone has said you couldn't have found a better place to learn the art of smoking. This is a great group and I know you'll love it. Whereabouts in SoCal are you? I have an uncle in Yuccipa.

Steve,

If you don't mind me asking which RV forum are you a part of? I picked up a RoadTrek800, which is a little class B, and I've got more questions than my keyboard has keys. If your RV forum is half as good as this Smoking one then we will both be in great shape :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky