• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hi Everyone

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 30, 2018
Welcome aboard from SE Arizona. You'll find a bunch of good folks here willing to help.
And yes, you will learn a lot here.

nimrod

Meat Mopper
Joined May 7, 2010
Welcome from the Fla Treasure Coast. There is no better BBQ than your own. There is some great info here on the Forum.
Craig

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Welcome aboard from Mississippi. We enjoy food pics and most of us are more than willing to help out with a minimum of snark. :emoji_laughing:
Jim

PPG1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2020
Welcome from Coastal South Carolina. Last month my neighbors just moved down from NY. 2 weekends ago I invited them over for a Southern BBq that included PP Lexington style, BBq Slaw Lexington Style and all the trimmings for a real BBq. His wife has since ordered him a MB560 for Fathers Day.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Welcome from Ga. Originally from NJ. You'll find this is the best place to be.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Welcome to the Forum from South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country. For fun, use the search app, upper right corner, for "BBQ recipes" There should be enough to keep you busy for at least half of the summer?! 🍻
John

Colin1230

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Hey Tim, glad you joined us. This is a great place with great folks! I know I've learned a lot.

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Welcome from Gilbert, AZ, you landed in the right spot! RAY

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Welcome from Iowa! Glad you joined us! You can learn alot here!

Ryan

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF, Tim!
Glad to have ya join us!
Al

Mike R.

Fire Starter
Joined May 24, 2021
Welcome from Coastal South Carolina. Last month my neighbors just moved down from NY. 2 weekends ago I invited them over for a Southern BBq that included PP Lexington style, BBq Slaw Lexington Style and all the trimmings for a real BBq. His wife has since ordered him a MB560 for Fathers Day.
PPG1,
The first real bbq I ever had was vinegar style Carolina style bbq (PP). It was one of the top food experiences of my life. I still go ang get this bbq to try to recreate that first experience and to try to figure out how to recreate it at home. It is what got me into smoking and real time grilling, and it is still the best bbq there is in my mind. I just bought two half gallons jugs of their sauces (a half gallon each of their vinegar and of their vinegar/tomato base sauce). I got them shipped from South Carolina to Pennsylvania. They arrived Monday, a pork shoulder goes on tonight!!!

PPG1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2020
You've certainly came to the right place to not only recreate your first experience with BBq but with a little research here you will be creating your own firsts.

K9BIGDOG

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 7, 2017
Welcome from a fellow resident of the Peoples Republik of New York! There is some decent barbecue to be found but the best will always be what you make yourself. :emoji_sunglasses:

clifish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2019
Hi all,
Just joined and wanted to say hello. My name is Tim, I’m from New York where we have terrible BBQ. I’ve recently gotten seriously into it and this seems like the place for help and to learn.. thanks for having me...
Welcome from Long Island! Have to agree not many joints here that do it right. You found the right place here to learn and share.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Welcome from Indiana!
I'm sure there's some good BBQ in New York, it's probably just hard to find. Never been there. We had a couple move here from New York a couple of houses away
and they raved about my Brisket. Best they ever had they said. All that told me was that they had never had really good Brisket 'cause mine is good but not THAT good LOL!
My guess is that the best BBQ in New York comes from folks like you who do your own.
Good to have you with us!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.