Hi Everyone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome aboard from SE Arizona. You'll find a bunch of good folks here willing to help.
And yes, you will learn a lot here.

Reactions: nydiver
Welcome aboard from Mississippi. We enjoy food pics and most of us are more than willing to help out with a minimum of snark. :emoji_laughing:
Jim

Welcome from Coastal South Carolina. Last month my neighbors just moved down from NY. 2 weekends ago I invited them over for a Southern BBq that included PP Lexington style, BBq Slaw Lexington Style and all the trimmings for a real BBq. His wife has since ordered him a MB560 for Fathers Day.

Hey Tim, glad you joined us. This is a great place with great folks! I know I've learned a lot.

Welcome from Iowa! Glad you joined us! You can learn alot here!

Ryan

Welcome from Coastal South Carolina. Last month my neighbors just moved down from NY. 2 weekends ago I invited them over for a Southern BBq that included PP Lexington style, BBq Slaw Lexington Style and all the trimmings for a real BBq. His wife has since ordered him a MB560 for Fathers Day.
PPG1,
The first real bbq I ever had was vinegar style Carolina style bbq (PP). It was one of the top food experiences of my life. I still go ang get this bbq to try to recreate that first experience and to try to figure out how to recreate it at home. It is what got me into smoking and real time grilling, and it is still the best bbq there is in my mind. I just bought two half gallons jugs of their sauces (a half gallon each of their vinegar and of their vinegar/tomato base sauce). I got them shipped from South Carolina to Pennsylvania. They arrived Monday, a pork shoulder goes on tonight!!!

Welcome from a fellow resident of the Peoples Republik of New York! There is some decent barbecue to be found but the best will always be what you make yourself. :emoji_sunglasses:

Hi all,
Just joined and wanted to say hello. My name is Tim, I’m from New York where we have terrible BBQ. I’ve recently gotten seriously into it and this seems like the place for help and to learn.. thanks for having me...
Welcome from Long Island! Have to agree not many joints here that do it right. You found the right place here to learn and share.

Welcome from Indiana!
I'm sure there's some good BBQ in New York, it's probably just hard to find. Never been there. We had a couple move here from New York a couple of houses away
and they raved about my Brisket. Best they ever had they said. All that told me was that they had never had really good Brisket 'cause mine is good but not THAT good LOL!
My guess is that the best BBQ in New York comes from folks like you who do your own.
Good to have you with us!

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky