Hey yall from Pooler Ga.

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by scootdaddy, Dec 5, 2013.

1. scootdaddy

scootdaddy Newbie

Hey I am new to the forum, I found a link on Facebook, I looked and liked what I saw so I joined.

I am not new to smoking meat. I have used the old faithful charcoal water smokers. They did the job.

A little about me I am 45 yrs old . Navy vet, general tinkerer, I work for a jet builder in Savannah as a senior autoclave operator.

I cook composite (carbon fiber) airplane parts. Married to the same beautiful lady for 21 yrs. 2 daughters 1 grandson.

Anyway I was going to build me a new smoker and after reading on here I decided to buy me a new one instead. I decided on the

30 in MES. I think that will do fine for me. My grandson says we are gonna break it in right this weekend  with a butt and some ribs.

We are goin to use a combination of pecan, oak, and apple.

That is enough about me for now. I look forward to many years of learning more about smoking meat.

Later

Scootdaddy (Keith)

2. [​IMG]Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   

Gary

3. georgia boy

georgia boy Newbie

Hello from the other side of the state  [​IMG]

4. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hey Keith

Welcome to the forum.  Sounds like your grandson has the right attitude

Gary