Hey y’all

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVolDan

Original poster
Oct 23, 2019
New member here, names Dan, I live in north Alabama on the Tennessee line, and I’m addicted to smoking. Thought I would introduce myself and post my latest. Nothing special, but it was my most recent smoke and my first bologna chub, and it turned out delicious. I made my slices first (could definitely improve there) then slathered with mustard and covered with a pork rub. Smoked at 225 for 3 hours and then basted with Budweiser sweet and Smokey bbq sauce and smoked at 250 for another half hour. Looking forward to seeing everyone else’s posts and learning new things.

5DD86D9F-81B4-404B-94C8-228FFBAA26AE.jpeg

Oh no - not another SmokinVol!!! Seriously welcome to the site Dan.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinVolDan
Welcome Dan. Bologna looks great. I have never cooked one but have had some that someone else cooked. YUM.
Glad to have another VOL fan here. It's been a rough stretch but things are beginning to look up.

do it while ur young when ya get old them processed foods n beer give ya gout[ and when ya cant walk ya cany smoke}. then ur just real meat n bourbon,

Or Baloney as my family called it. That looks so tasty. We were just discussing Smoked, BBQ'd, & Fried Baloney recently. It's been years but it was a favorite of my dads. Almost every time he fired up a smoker when I was a kid he would throw a chunk of Baloney on. He'd have it for lunch the following week at work. That chunk of meat brings back great memories. Guess I'm gonna have to smoke some Baloney soon now.

We gonna have to separate you Vol's fans. Hey, that would also be a good tailgate treat!

Or Baloney as my family called it. That looks so tasty. We were just discussing Smoked, BBQ'd, & Fried Baloney recently. It's been years but it was a favorite of my dads. Almost every time he fired up a smoker when I was a kid he would throw a chunk of Baloney on. He'd have it for lunch the following week at work. That chunk of meat brings back great memories. Guess I'm gonna have to smoke some Baloney soon now.

We gonna have to separate you Vol's fans. Hey, that would also be a good tailgate treat!
My folks never did much smokin, but fried balogna was a staple (and I thought it was baloney until I was almost grown). It’s definitely one of my favorites for a tailgate, with some good cheese and crackers.

Reactions: texomakid
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky