Here's how to make the degree symbol, like 350°

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

natdiamond

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
In windows they are called "alt + codes". There's a whole bunch of them.

For the degree sign " ° ",

hold down the alt key, type 248 on the "NUMBER PAD" then release the alt key.

alt + 248 = °

here are some others that may come in handy on this forum:

alt + 171 = ½

alt + 172 = ¼

alt + 0190 = ¾

In windows they are called "alt + codes". There's a whole bunch of them.

For the degree sign " ° ",

hold down the alt key, type 248 on the "NUMBER PAD" then release the alt key.

alt + 248 = °

here are some others that may come in handy on this forum:

alt + 171 = ½

alt + 172 = ¼

alt + 0190 = ¾
alt +0176 gives you the degree symbal also

thanks for the half, quarter and three quarter Natdiamond. A while back Pop's gave us a complete list that I printed out but the ° was the only one I remembered before I lost the three or four page print out.

Last edited:
Shift -Option- 8 on a MAC 225°

Ecto1,

On my iMac:

Option- k   makes a ˚

So does your way, but with an extra step (shift).

Bear

Option k is a little zero my eyes have a hard time seeing it
cool.gif

[emoji]9786[/emoji]

Ok, I'm not trying to be funny here. First one is hold alt and 171, second one is hold alt and 172, third one didn't do anything?

Last edited:
ÔŒÅ¸˛„Í´ÎljÏ◊ˇ˝ıÁÓ˜¨Ôˆ¯¯Ø˘⁄€‹›fifl‡°·‚

icon_cool.gif

Now ECT that looks like your brain on drugs.

[emoji]9786[/emoji] For me to load this one I have to use the right alt key and #1 on the number pad, the keyboard numbers won't work at all.

☻ This one is right alt key and #2

[emoji]9829[/emoji][emoji]9830[/emoji][emoji]9827[/emoji][emoji]9824[/emoji]•◘○    And these are 3,4,5,6,7,8,9

If someone could try it out and let me know if the two different alt keys do different things for other people besides me.

Thanks

Hey!!!  I'm with Meateater on this.  All these new fangled doodads.  I have enough trouble just getting to this place, let alone trying to remember how to make a itsy bitsy super o when just a plain ol' * lets you know what the heck I'm talking about.  It's all fine and good that the correct methods are available......but, well, you'll just have to pardon this ol' timer, if I just sit back and communicate as I speak, with less descriptive adjectives, of course.  Heck, I'm still trying to figure how I got Magnify on Windows to show in startup and now to get rid of it.  Now that's something I'd like to learn how to do...............

One of my friends is a big Disney fan, so she ends all of her emails with this:

°0°

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky