Here's how I spent my morning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nitty

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
2 1/4 lb pork loin. Seasoned 2/3 of it (kid doesn't like seasoning) and wrapped overnight. Smoked at 250 for about 2 hours. Let sit under foil tent for about 20 minutes and sliced. Delicious! Usually forget to take the pictures but made sure to get it this time. And my buddy made the knife for me. How did I do?

10f97OT.jpg

pIyz08l.jpg

VjIfEt9.jpg

PGsQlBq.jpg

yHuWUFR.jpg

Looks fantastic. Nice smoke ring. You certainly did well!
We do half loins quite often at my house, because they are such a quick smoke and always leave great leftovers.
I always brine mine overnight the night before in a simple brine (with plenty of rosemary) just to make sure it stays super moist and flavorful.
I love the Damascus knife too!

Thanks all. It is nice to know you can do these short smokes with smaller meats and it’s still awesome

Looks great from here. Like all above said great job. I agree it is interesting to see the color difference from the non seasoned end.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky