Here we go again with Tri tip!

Discussion in 'Beef' started by b-one, Jun 25, 2015.

1. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Going with a R/S on another Tri tip. Cherry and pecan for the smoke. Will smoke to about 120* IT then let the gasser handle the rest. Seasoned with Tatonka Dust and garlic powder after it was coated with worchestshire sauce I need to find the thick style next time I'm shopping.

2. b-one

Got some peppers and onions coming along nicely!

3. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looking good B I'll be watching, you going to put them onions on very last and get some smoke on them?? 

I have searched everywhere for the Thick worchestshire and no luck here in my area. 

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

4. b-one

No smoke for the veggies I like to smoke whole onions with the ends cut off and peeled there great! Sear in action.

5. b-one

Off the grill and resting! Time to start some perogies! I wonder how long my Weber gasser will last all it gets to do is sear and clean grates anymore!:grilling_smilie:

6. b-one

Plated and time to eat!:

dirtsailor2003 and drlchi like this.
  7. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow. Great meal. More t dust I see.

8. b-one

Thx! Gotta love the Dust! Wasn't planning another Tri tip so soon but the vac sealer wasn't operating properly so we took one for the team.:biggrin:

9. xray

xray Smoking Fanatic

Nice lookin meal!! Nice presentation!!!

Homemade or frozen pierogi?

10. b-one

Thx, frozen as I'm to lazy to make them! I wish I wasn't it keeps me from making snack sticks as well.:icon_eek:

11. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks good to me,nice color.

Richie

12. b-one

Thanks,I even got all the mushrooms and onions! I think the wifey was being lazy and didn't want to walk back to the kitchen I did ask if she wanted some. :biggrin:

13. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice, great smoke !

14. b-one

Thanks!

15. xray

xray Smoking Fanatic

I grew up with homemade. My gram would make potato, farmers cheese, prune, and cabbage ones. I always was more partial to the frozen Mrs. T's! Ssshhh, don't tell her that or she would kill me!! Lol

16. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great Looking plate! In my neck of the woods the thick Worcestershire is now called "Bold". Call me weird but I actually like the normal Worcestershire better.

17. drlchi

drlchi Fire Starter

That looks incredible! Glad to see other pierogi eaters too! I am totally making pierogis with my next smoke...

18. b-one

I have had some good ones at fair's but other then that it's Mrs T's! Prune or or cabbage don't sound to appealing to me.:biggrin:

19. b-one

Thanks, I keep a stock of pierogies that I usally eat as snacks there so quick and easy I want to try them deep fried sometime.

20. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Dang it man that looks great nice job

DS