Here goes!! Q-View for the 4th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nate_46

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Alamosa, CO
For the 4th I am having a party for most of the wife's family. I am expecting 15 to 20 people for at least 2 meals (11:30 and 6:00). I picked up a 17# brisket, 10# shoulder, and 9# shoulder. I have much more planned that I will get to later (chickens, quarters, sausage, ABT's, Ribs, and ham). I wanted a picture of everything, but time got away from me and I needed to get cookin to be ready for the 11:30 dead line.

Here are some pics to start, with more to come:

Pork on the left, Brisket on the right. I cut the brisket in Half to cut down on the time and I plan on pulling the point.

Warming up the smoker for a long day and night. 12:00

Everyone in the pool!!! A little close together, but ran out of room.Temps +/- 40 deg

Three hours in and the temps are 113 deg for the pork, 132 deg and 122 deg for the brisket.

I'm battling temps right now because a storm moved in suddenly. The smoker has been wanting to run cool today anyway, but the wind and rain don't help. I dipped to 180 a minute ago but am recovering now. I wish the digital remote thermometers had a low and a high temp warning. I was trying to compose this thread and wasn't watching the temp!!
icon_redface.gif
More to come!!

5 hours and 15 minutes and the storm has passed and the temps are up again. I burned half of the apple I have split during the storm!!

Pork temps are around 129 and the Brisket is hovering around 132-134. The smell is great!

Looks good so far glad you got thru the storm hope the weather gets better for you

Wonderful smoke you've got going on!
Glad the storm didn't slow you down too much, at least you were able to stay dry, love the vent.
Good luck with the rest of the smoke, I can almost smell it from here.

Okay, ten hours and I am ready to foil the brisket (point and flat). I want to pull the point so I will take it to 205 and slice the flat. Only thing I am concerned about is the bark is a little dark. I am wondering if I scorched the chili powder based rub. I didn't sample it yet cause I wanted to get the door closed as fast as I can.

The pork is only at 148 right now so I have a little time. Temps are staying good (220-240) and the weather has calmed down considerably. Smoking in the garage has one advantage..... I could prepare food anywhere cause the temperatures topped 100 and are still climbing. Pretty soon there will not be any bacteria left in there!.

You've got the patience to get through the smoke and that will get ya a fine meal in return. Thanks for posting some pics of your rig full of meat!!

Long night!! I think I got about 2 hrs of sleep and I feel a little worn out. I missed some pics cause I wasn't thinking too good at such a late hour.

Currently I have 3 brined chickens on the heat and a double batch of Dutch's beans. The weather is incredible, sunny and warm.

I hope everyone that braved the night cooking had a good time. It was hard, but also kinda nice to be by yourself for a while.

Current view. Chickens are at 150 deg right now, and the beans need another hour.

Ribs waiting to be smoked

In the frig, one more chicken, 10# of quarters in brine, ABT's, and sausage.

Where do you live? I am hungry! Everything looking good! Doing spares today myself. Little girl keeps asking when they will be done. I got the flap meat to taste for her, that way she can wait until i am done.

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky