Here Fishy Fishy Fishy!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
I had another Craigslist find today. Three Little chief smokers for $20!!! Need new heat sources but that does not concern me a bit. Two have their boxes and included was reflectix type insulation wrap. Also came with some chips that I probably won't use. Now all I need is some fish to smoke. The two in the boxes have that nice golden smoke color that little Chiefs get. Fun times!

8276a28900a0ab13e364138df29cd874.jpg

Smoke away!!!

If I find a big chief these will go up for sale! My wife would probably give hem to ya for nothing!

Replacement elements are only $14 on Amazon.

Good score Case. I check CL every couple days. Been hoping to catch a deal on a 30" MES for a dedicated cold smoker. Working or not.

Wow, amazing to see them in the original boxes. Usually the box becomes the cold weather shield on mine.

Funny thing is most tip open the boxes and pitch before they read the manual which says to keep the box for cold smoking!!!

Good score Case. I check CL every couple days. Been hoping to catch a deal on a 30" MES for a dedicated cold smoker. Working or not.

Cliff I hope you find one. CL has not been the best the last couple years for bbq and smoking stuff. A federal wheats back I could get the Smokey Joes for Mini-WSMS all the time. Now with the money flowing again people aren't getting rid of that stuff. I always keep my eye open though!

We find quite a bit a stuff on Craig's list, Good place to shop

Gary

Case,

If any need a new element, why not upgrade to a 1000-1200 watt adjustable element via a 5th burner.   Nice score BTW.

Case,

If any need a new element, why not upgrade to a 1000-1200 watt adjustable element via a 5th burner.   Nice score BTW.
Craig that's the route I am going. Was looking at the 750 watt hot plates. Don't know that I need anymore than that for the little chief. Did you take apart the hot plate when you upgraded your big chiefs?

Yes, I removed the guts of the 5th burner and incorporated it into the chiefs. Here's a couple pics.

6121ca4ae799a12b31c5ef914cb78642.jpg

e9ad4d05265502217be9212347044bda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky