Herb crusted rack of lamb - First try

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WI_GameMeats

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 30, 2018
Central WI
This my first time making lamb, Aldi had a sale for $7.99/lb a while back and had picked up two racks. Made a dinner meal for five of us. I followed Malcom from HowToBBQRight's rack of lamb recipe and thought it turned out awesome. Lamb is so tasty, rich and tender. Cooked the lamb on the Weber 22" Kettle indirect until internal temperature reached about 118F. I tossed a big chunk of cherry wood on the grate on top of the coals as well. Seared directly over coals about two minutes each side. Let rest ten minutes, and dinner was served with spaghetti squash, a wilted spinach salad and some 5 cheese Mac n' Cheese.

Unfortunately dinner moved so quickly, so I didn't get so any plated shots..

Salted and Peppered them up:
IMG_2819.jpg

Made a paste of the following ingredients: Dijon Mustard, Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley, garlic, shallot, olive oil.
IMG_2821.jpg

All rubbed up and went into the fridge uncovered like this for another three hours.
IMG_2822.jpg

Here it is after resting.
IMG_2824.jpg

That paste you rubbed on looks great. Beautiful color! I'm sure that was a great meal!

That looks great! I picked up some racks right after Thanksgiving while they were on sale and was planning to do this same recipe. I plan to use my Weber Kettle 22" also. Glad to hear it turned out well.

Looks fantastic! This is on my to do q list. I’ll have to bookmark that rub, looks awesome.

Thanks everyone! This is definitely going in the rotation of cooks throughout the year. I wish lamb was cheaper... I've always wanted to attempt to make gyro meat of some sort.

Fantastic looking rack of lamb! Like! In fact, I am not sure what I like better: beef or lamb.... Usually I cook leg of lamb bought from either Costco or Sam's club - just cheaper. Rack of lamb is pretty expensive but for $6.99 I would go for it right away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky