Help with pulled turkey breast recipe.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BC Buck

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
MO
I like dark meat but have two butter ball 3lb bondless breast. Was told to make pulled turkey like there favorite BBQ restaurant. This is for fishing trip and will be rewarmed . was planning inject, season, and smoke to about 130F. Put in foil pan with butter and wrap. Pull at 155F and rest. Shred and add butter and juice to keep moist. Vacuum seal and freeze. Would that make the super moist meat shreds or do I need to add some kind of oil? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Reactions: JLeonard and JLinza
If you are injecting, I would think you should have quite a bit of moisture in the meat to keep it from drying out, but perhaps if you set aside some of your brine, (that's not contaminated with raw chicken) you can pour a small amount in there just to coat it or even some chicken broth. Or even a couple pads of butter. For chicken I go to 165°F at least. Especially if I'm injecting. But that's my preference.

If you are injecting, I would think you should have quite a bit of moisture in the meat to keep it from drying out, but perhaps if you set aside some of your brine, (that's not contaminated with raw chicken) you can pour a small amount in there just to coat it or even some chicken broth. Or even a couple pads of butter. For chicken I go to 165°F at least. Especially if I'm injecting. But that's my preference.
I think at 156F for something like 28 seconds is fully pasteurized but don't hold me to that. I do like my butter and women dont need to know.

Take it to 165 and don't ruin a great fishing trip IMO, USDA pretty much keeps folks safe,

I've used butter with pulled pork and chicken many times when cooking to reheat. Works great.

Reactions: BC Buck
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky