HELP my smoke generator don't smoke !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

titi cold smoke

Original poster
Dec 21, 2017
France
Hi!
I made this generator, and I use it with oak wood chips.
The problem is that the wood chips go out very fast.
And there is very little smoke.

What is the problem? The pump? The chips? the pipes?
Thank you for your answers.

20171221_163048.jpg

20171221_163129.jpg

20171221_163100.jpg

20171221_163139.jpg

Reactions: SonnyE
2nd pic looks like the copper pipe goes into the black pipe
is that so?
Richie

Nice build!
You did put a port in for it to suck the smoke with the venturi, right?
From what I can see, the copper pipe looks like it might be a little snug in the outlet pipe.

Other than that, maybe try some pellet fuel. I've been experimenting and with a round screen cylinder I can put in some Hickory pellets and light it with a torch (at the bottom corner) and they will continue to smolder completely.
So, as long as your venturi is right, I'd try some pellet fuel for go. The chips might need some help because they don't always pile up tight enough for the 'fire' to catch the other pieces.

Edit in: I think you need a smaller tube feeding in the air at the tip. In a picture, simular to this:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hwAUQP6TKn4/TY9r4fgH_YI/AAAAAAAAAKk/ecPX5Dhz7t4/s1600/ejector__.JPG

Last edited:
the copper pipe stops just in front of the black steel pipe.
thnaks Richie
You would get more smoke using a Tee on the copper with a small piece of pipe facing down,and going into
the black pipe for the venturi to work.The air from the pump will go straight and suck the smoke up with it
Nice buils
Richie

The copper pipe needs to be smaller.... inserted into the black pipe with space around the copper pipe.. Air turned on... pressure drop sucks in the smoke... air flow pushes the smoke out...

Look up "venturi" and how to make...

Reactions: rfwoodvt
You would get more smoke using a Tee on the copper with a small piece of pipe facing down,and going into
the black pipe for the venturi to work.The air from the pump will go straight and suck the smoke up with it
Nice buils
Richie
Numériser 3.jpeg

Thanks
Are you talking about a Tee like that?
Do you think that the problem comes from the copper pipe too big?
thank you very much guys

Ok, thank you, it's very nice. I'll test this when I go home in a few days.
To introduce myself, I'm French I and I'm a new cold smoker.
Here is my smoker. It's built in Montpellier maple (french maple). On this pics, it's the first smoke generator : it's a simple metal box in which I put charcoal and wood chips. I will adapt the new system instead of this one.
To smoke, I use juniper, oak, plum tree and french maple.
I can also show you a little video if you want.
I smoke salmon, trout, hadock, duck magret. And I cook fish soups with leftovers, and other fishes of course.

20171117_134802.jpg

20171117_134752.jpg

20171117_134741.jpg

Resized_20171117_134731.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky