Help! My first smoker. Russia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dima

Original poster
Jun 26, 2019
Good day! My name is Dima and I'm from Russia.

I want to create my first smoker and I'm having problems.
I have a pipe
With a diameter of 615 mm (from 24,21 inch)
Length 1000 millimeters (39.37 inches)
The volume is 297 liters ( 65.33 gallons)
the thickness of metal 8 mm (0,31 inches)

The furnace plan is square.
The program calculated her +- 500 mm * 500 mm * 500 mm (19,69*19,69*19,69 inches)

Chimney
Length 800 millimeters (31.5 inches)
The diameter of 108 millimeters (4,25 inches)

Question 2:

1. Did I calculate it right ? here is a link to the calculations: Link to BBQ Pit Calculator

2. The most important question. I do not understand how to calculate the connecting size of the furnace and the Cooking chamber.
The big request to help, because he can't deal with it.

Thank you!

upload_2019-6-26_15-28-49.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome from Wisconsin. :emoji_cat:

I know little about pit building but I am very interested to see your build.

There are pit building tutorials on this site that may be of some use to you.

I wish you success on your new BBQ pit! :emoji_cat:

Welcome from Wisconsin. :emoji_cat:

I know little about pit building but I am very interested to see your build.

There are pit building tutorials on this site that may be of some use to you.

I wish you success on your new BBQ pit! :emoji_cat:

Good day!
Thanks.

I read the tutorial and forum but had a problem with 1 element. As difficult with the units ))) in Russia they are different and the head badly thinks)
Put the link with the calculations in the first message

Good day!
Thanks.

I read the tutorial and forum but had a problem with 1 element. As difficult with the units ))) in Russia they are different and the head badly thinks)
Put the link with the calculations in the first message

My lack of practical experience makes my advice on this suspect. I am hoping another pit master will be able to help you....

You are calculating hole size from fire box to cooking chamber and need the units converted from sq in to sq cm?

Maybe this will help?

https://www.calculateme.com/area/square-inches/to-square-centimeters/61

I apologize, maybe I am not writing correctly, the problem is not that I cannot calculate a semicircle, but by the fact that I cannot understand exactly what size it should be, I mean, does it in the future affect traction? heat smoke ? or something different ?

Of course, you will make a template first. Then transfer that to the firebox and cook chamber before cutting.

I apologize, maybe I am not writing correctly, the problem is not that I cannot calculate a semicircle, but by the fact that I cannot understand exactly what size it should be, I mean, does it in the future affect traction? heat smoke ? or something different ?

You want to size this opening properly because yes it will affect friction etc.

I am sure you have read this as it explains how and why everything is interdependent.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/ams/reverse-flow-smoker-how-to-calculate-build-tutorial.9870/

Good day!

Today I read the textbook again.
On all other formulas and the sizes at me everything turned out, questions aren't present, but I can't understand the decision on this segment.

I can't figure out exactly what I should count and why I should apply in ED the height of 6.0 and then suggest 5.0.
I can not understand what exactly I should get in the textbook or not, or I did not understand what should happen in the end.

I apologize if I ask stupid questions, but it's important to me, I want to make a good smoker.

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 46
Good day!

Today I read the textbook again.
On all other formulas and the sizes at me everything turned out, questions aren't present, but I can't understand the decision on this segment.

I can't figure out exactly what I should count and why I should apply in ED the height of 6.0 and then suggest 5.0.
I can not understand what exactly I should get in the textbook or not, or I did not understand what should happen in the end.

I apologize if I ask stupid questions, but it's important to me, I want to make a good smoker.

What he is suggesting is to input 6” into the calculator and let the numbers fill themselves in and compare the CC-FB number to your calculations, if it’s to big subtract from the height if it’s to small add to the height until it matches your calculations for the size the opening should be

I hope I understood your question and this was a help

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
What he is suggesting is to input 6” into the calculator and let the numbers fill themselves in and compare the CC-FB number to your calculations, if it’s to big subtract from the height if it’s to small add to the height until it matches your calculations for the size the opening should be

I hope I understood your question and this was a help

Good day!
Thank you, now I understand what this calculation is for.

Reactions: JC in GB
Добрый день! Работа по сборке курильщика продолжается. К сожалению, погода не позволяет ускориться, но мы стараемся работать. Я работаю только по выходным. В прошлые выходные мы делали основную камеру, а в эти выходные мы работали над печью. Это то, что происходит до сих пор. Осталось решить, какую основу сделать для курильщика.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 44
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky