Hello, newbie from outside Louisville, Ky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

68chevy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
Hi everyone...

My name is Bert, and I live about 40 minutes southeast of Louisville.

I enjoy scroll-saw work, my old truck, and hopefully now -  will dabble in smoking meat.

I purchased a Brinkmann electric smoker, and I am hoping to make my own bacon as a 1st project. I received an ample amount of fresh pork belly/side from someone who just doesn't like it as it comes fresh.  However, I didn't know to ask for specific cuts (as I since have been reading about), so I hope it is still doable.   I'll have them cut correctly next time...  have it curing in the fridge now 
icon_biggrin.gif

After that....  ??who knows what is next to try and smoke??

I will be searching the forum a lot... looking for ideas and --even more so-- helpful articles on what I am doing.     I know very little (just what I have recently read), so this is really a new adventure.

It looks to be interesting, fun, and most of all...  yummy!

Thanks in advance for the help....  

Bert

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky