Hello future mentors!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

floridayank22

Original poster
May 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not an expert but I do have some experience with smoking. My experience is mainly with ribs, but I did do a whole chicken last summer and I must say it turned out very well. I use the Char-Griller Duo 5050. I have this grill/smoker for about 5 years now and my only complaint is the chamber size. My plans are to learn to weld and make my own and at some point try out competition cooking, I already do chili cook-offs and have won one once and loved the competition atmosphere so I think it would be fun to bring it up a few notches. I just recently moved back to Jacksonville, FL after living in Indiana for the last 10 years. Now that I have a job with a less hectic schedule I plan to make use of my smoker a lot more. I can’t wait to learn all that I can from all of yall!!

icon_biggrin.gif

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!! Glad to have you here!! Sounds like you have some good experience you can share with us. Looking forward to hearing more from you and remember we love Q-View~!!

Would you please update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

Have a Happy Memorial Day!!!

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Have fun and happy smoking

Thanks yall. I would really like to tried a brisket and pulled pork. My next steps are to search the forums to find some good pointers and maybe give them a try in the near future. Also where can i show off some of my pictures?

Thanks yall. I would really like to tried a brisket and pulled pork. My next steps are to search the forums to find some good pointers and maybe give them a try in the near future. Also where can i show off some of my pictures?
Well it kind of depends on what your pics are of. We have lots of different forums so it is best to post threads in one where it fits. For instance, if you want to show off your chicken post it in poultry, or if it's your smoker you can put it in charcoal smokers. Just click "forums" at the top and look through the list and then click "start new thread". I hope that makes sense. One thing though, since you are a new member any pics you post will have to be approved by a moderator before they show up so you will get an error message. Just ignore the message a be patient, a moderator will get to it. We do this to cut down on spammers and so that no one will come along and post something inappropriate, this is a family friendly forum, i'm sure you can appreciate that. So just be patient and don't double post because that won't help. This only lasts until you make about 20 posts and we get to know you and then the pics will show up right away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky