Hello from the Last Frontier

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AKJake

Original poster
May 25, 2022
Hello everyone. I am 32 years old and originally from Ohio (go Tribe) and then Minnesota. My wife and I moved to Alaska two years ago with our two kids. We both love to cook and I love to smoke (meat). I've been smoking for about 10 years or so. I use an OK Joe Highland reverse flow that works pretty damn well. Hard wood isn't easy to come by here in Wasilla. I crated up about 150 pounds of oak when we moved here. I'm running low but I have found 1.5 cu Ft boxes of hickory at Walmart for $20 a piece.

I have silently been reading for about a week. I am thankful to have stumbled across some great threads and recipes by the late Chef Jimmy J. Great to be here.

Attachments

• PXL_20210522_191959313-COLLAGE.jpg
    PXL_20210522_191959313-COLLAGE.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 38
Welcome from Tennessee. I lived in Fairbanks for 6yr and me and wife vacation in Alaska every year or 2. Your area is our next stop next summer

Welcome! PS I use to live in Chugiak, if you drive into town you go through one of my projects.....

Last edited:
Welcome lived in AK 24 years split between Dillingham 7 years then Kodiak Island for the rest. There is a ton of great information on this site.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky