Hello from Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking works

Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
Hello all, and greeting from the Texas Gulf Coast. I am very new to this site and just getting started in the smoking arena.

I thought I'd get my feet wet with a Weber Kettle Grill. So far I've only smoked 1 Brisket, and 3 racks of pork ribs.

I like the kettle but it can only smoke one rack or one brisket at a time. So, I am looking into buying a Old Country Wrangler.

Any thoughts for anyone out there?

Looking forward to your replies.

Tommy

Welcome, glad ya joined us ! With the Weber Kettle, to get ya by ya could get a Smokenator that comes with a hovergrill and that'll get ya a little more space for smokin !

Howdee Tex...... Sorry couldn't help myself.

Unless I am mistaken, heaven knows it would be a first... ..... yeah right. LOL Weber makes a stainless steel rib rack that will hold multiple racks of ribs. I am thinking yours would use one. You might google it and come up with one. Sort of cooks 'em at an angle.

Anyway howdee, nice to meet you, pull up a chair and set a spell. You might try the search engine and look for Old Country Wrangler seems really well reviewed by some pretty smart pit builders.

Since we are in the howdee-do section, might I ask that you take a moment and press on the "My Profile" icon on the above taskbar and fill in as little or as much as you'd care to share. But please give use a reference point to where you live because tomorrow I won't remember when you ask a question or enter a discussion with someone or even I will have to ask again. I would really appreciate it.

BTW that's some pretty beaches down there.... course All of West Texas has pretty beaches, just no water...... Sorry......

Hope ya find what you are looking for, and again, pleasure meeting ya.

Reactions: paulmart
Hey Tommy

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

Hey Foamheart, I'm from South Texas (San Antonio area) and in Texas "howdee" is actually "howdy y'all". Just wanted to share some wisdom to our neighbors to the East. 
icon_smile.gif
BTW, love Louisiana, as my oldest son lives in New Orleans and used to work as a sous chef in the quarter.

Howdy fellow Texan, I am from Live Oak, outside of San Antonio. Welcome to the SMF.  Lots of great members out here and some great knowledge based on years and years of experience with smoking and grilling. I see you have already gotten some feedback on your Weber.  Also, check out the Texas Forum here at SMF.

"...with a cold lone star in my hand..."

An Aggie I presume?? I have several old Army buddies (Old Guys Rule) that are Aggies.  

Thanks for the kind welcome...I'm glad you popped in and said hello. It really made me feel welcome.

how ya'll doing Tex and welcome to the forum you will find a bunch of crazy guys ,serious guys and those that just read and don't say much = all that together and you came to the right place for smoking fun and info. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky