Hello from S Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

5pmbbq

Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
Just stopping in to say hello - I am a long time lurker who finally made an account to try to save a specific post in a thread (didn't work, still had to bookmark it). I am in South Florida, where there isn't much cold-smoking happening. I have a MES, which I love, and a cast iron offset CharBroil which gives great flavor but is super finicky.

I do a lot of pork, ribs, turkey and fish. I haven't tried a brisket yet, but it is on the list. ;)

Nice to meet you guys.

Welcome aboard 5!  What part of South Florida are you from?  I'm in Bradenton.  Please join in on some of the posts.  This is a great bunch of guys & gals :-)

Hi Steve -

Thanks for the welcome! I am in the Fort Lauderdale area. I saw the South Fla get together plans but we won't be able to get organized to join that quickly. Maybe next year!

I don't think there is anything to have to get organized for. You just show up and enjoy. Some are bringing their smokers, some, like me, won't be. Some are staying for several days, some only for one. While there are some things planned, I think most of it is just socialize.

I don't think there is anything to have to get organized for. You just show up and enjoy. Some are bringing their smokers, some, like me, won't be. Some are staying for several days, some only for one. While there are some things planned, I think most of it is just socialize.

Thanks for the invite, I will see if I can sell the day trip but Sebring is kind of far north for a day trip and we won't be able to get away for a weekend at this point.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a nice cloudy day in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky