• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello from PA

therev46

Joined Sep 3, 2014
     Hello all. I've been a long time follower of this site and have used it for many recipes and ideas. I finally figured it was high time I post here in roll call. I live in beautiful Northwest PA. I served 12 years in the military and while I was in, I was introduced to smoking although in hindsight, I had no idea what I was doing then and the guys that introduced me to it really didn't either. Over the years though I have figured out how to actually low and slow smoke. I am still learning but I am able to produce some really good food finally which is all my family and friends seem to care about.

I started with a propane Masterbuilt smokehouse smoker. I struggled with keeping the heat low and producing good food with this but after a while of tinkering and reading thread after thread on here, I finally got it figured out. That smoker is still used quite a bit as my portable camp smoker but I have finally finished my fridge conversion though so the Masterbuilt isn't used much at home anymore. I'll post pics of my fridge smoker soon.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to the forum!

Glad you finally decided to join us!

Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Welcome Rev!  

Nice Avatar, but none of My Bears have Wings!

Bear---From the other corner of PA.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Welcome from scenic Emporium in Cameron County. Lots of PA guy's and more and more on the West side...JJ

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.