Hello from nw Iowa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
Just wanted to say hi! Long time lurker just decided to join finally! Probably been looking for several years.
Currently use a mes 30 (only time I went shopping on black Friday, it was half price). A weber 18 inch look a like, bought it for $20. Just started using it more this summer. And a commercial double door stainless steel fridge for the big cooks...hams, bacon and such.
A big thank you to all here, I have learned alot. Bearcarver with his step by steps are awesome and a big help. Smokinal and his ribs, homemade mozzarella cheese, and of course Judy's buns! Also pop's, who has helped so much! There are many more, too many to mention.
To be honest I joined to get rid of the ads, driving me nuts!
I do have one question...ever since the upgrade I can't view anything on the carousel. Using my android phone, they scroll but I can't click on them to view. What am I doing wrong?
Again thanks to all here! Ryan

Reactions: JC in GB
Man... you don't have a clue what you got yourself into.... you like smoke and BBQ?? Well, put your safety seat belt on, its gunna be a wild ride.... lol.... good to have you here....

Last edited:
Man... you don't have a clue what you got yourself into.... you like smoke and BBQ?? Well, put your safety seat belt on, its gunna be a wild ride.... lol.... good to have you here....
Thanks dk! And you're right it is addictive but so good!

Welcome to posting! You gave shout outs to some very knowledgeable members!
Thanks jcam, there are many others as well. I have learned alot from many of them.

Thanks al, and thank you for your informative posts. We really appreciate it, especially every time we make ribs!

Good afternoon and welcome from a Cold East Texas, and the Best Site on the Web

Gary

Thanks gary! I love this site and all the knowledge that I've gotten from it. I heard you were a bit chilly down there. Woke up this morning to - 4 and 20 to 30 mph winds. Bbbrrrrr

Welcome from a cold East TN! Glad you decided to join even if it was just to get rid of the ad's haha. Look forward to seeing some pics of your cooks. Would love to see the double door fridge setup you have going on!

Thanks smokinvol. To be honest the ad thing is the most recent reason for joining, for the longest time was probably just too lazy to figure out what I wanted for a username. I will get pics of big smoker on when I figure out how to post pics. Plus I think I have 5 bellies in freezer I need to get out and get curing since harvest is over. Was kinda excited today, our local grocery store is gonna have Turkey drumsticks on sale this weekend for 99 cents/lb.
Ryan

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
I scored a whole 4 pound beef tenderloin on manager clearance yesterday for $23. Need to get some bellies and get some bacon going!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky