Hello from Livonia, Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokenjoe46

Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Livonia, Michigan
Hi all,

I am new to this smoking business. This spring I was in Costco and saw a smoker on sale. I thought about buying it for a long time. My neighbor showed up and I took it as a sign from above that I should buy it. He helped me put it on a cart and load into my truck. When I got home, I told my other neighbor who smokes all the time that I bought my own smoker. He said if he had known, he would have sold me his Vermont Castings Stainless smoker. I bought his for $150 and took the $200 Costco unit back. I have smoked some salmon and ribs and a brisket, but until now, I didn't know what or how to do anything else. I am amazed at the information and knowledge the members have. I will be smoking a turkey breast soon and when I learn how, I'll up-load some pics. I love the fatties and will make one soon.

welcome1.gif

Welcome to SMF glad you can join us.  We are big on Pics and love to help everyone out.  Remember the only question that is dumb is one not asked.  You will not find a friendlier place to talk Que on the web.

Welcome to the SMF Family...You will find enough Ideas and Recipes for Smokes here to keep that Smoker Fired up for Years!...Have Fun...JJ

Welcome Smokenjoe46!

You hit the nail on the head!  As you can already see, lots of friendly people, with a wealth of knowledge, and experience from across the globe.  Take advantage of all of it, and ENJOY!

Good luck on the turkey, give it a try!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky