Hello from high spring fl

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

plastermaster

Original poster
Feb 8, 2015
high springs, fl
Hey guys, i joined the forum earlier this year planning on building a proofer smoker. Well, that n3ver happened but i did have someone build me one. Look at the pics and tell me what you think. I just.picked it up friday night. I guess its a horizontal offset but it also convert to a grill on either side or the whole top. The smokestack stays in place with the lid open. Im about to cook a 6lb rib roast on it. Planning on smoking a turkey on it tomorrow. Any suggestions? Hav3 to ad thermometer and a few other things.

Welcome to SMF,

Nice smoker! I like the simplicity of it.

If you have a dual probe thermometer like a MAV733, you'll have no need for a lid therm. Just my .02.

Looking forward to seeing your bird smoke.

Welcome from SC. It's good to have you on this great site. Your cooker looks like it will be really good for you. Good luck, Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky