Hello from Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swampdonkey

Original poster
Aug 22, 2017
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Happy Friday all!
Recently finished a project involving an old 50's fridge and a Bradley smoker. Well, at least I thought it was finished. Briskets were on sale so I grabbed one without testing it out first.
I think I grossly miscalculated the cubic feet as I can only get the temp up to 130°F
Looks pretty at least
Any suggestions?

jvXNY

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1559335502914.jpg
    FB_IMG_1559335502914.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
Need more info on your build.
It's the Bradley Smoke Generator attached to a 11.8 Cubic foot fridge.
The fridge is insulated with all plastic removed and covered over with aluminum and high temp silicone. Using a HD power cord for the generator. I closed the vent tight for a while just to get the temp up but still wouldn't get up any higher than 133(plus the smoke was pouring out of the generator)

I guess this is part of the fun

I agree with jc. You need to have the heat source inside the fridge. I have a food service build thats 10 cubic ft. I run a 1500 watt double burner hot plate as the heat source. Can reach 240 in about 40 minutes and stays steady from there on but i also have a pid. With 120 power you can run up to 1800 watt burner which should be all you need.

Just wanted to add. You see posts of people doing these type of builds and wanting to cook pizza or some other high heat cook. A frdge / freezer build has limitations. Low and slow.... go to bed and wake up in the morning to some wonderful food. Mine gets used mostely for jerky of saussge. I will add that i will use charcoal and wood chunks in cast pans on the burners at the start of a meat chunk cook to get a better smoke profile and a smoke ring.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky