Hello from Bartlesville

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scootersas

Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
I'm new to smoking and have been reading all the great ideas, recipies and methods on the forum for a few days.  I figured it was time for me to join up and say Hi! :)

I've got a custom built stacked, reverse flow smoker.  At least I think that's what you call it. The smoking chamber is made out of 36" pipe and is just over 4 feet long. 

I've been able to smoke a few things on it so far and am loving the results!  Taking the advice of several people on the forum, I've got digital probes and remote digital probes to make sure I cook everything just right.

Looking forward to reading more of the great ideas on the forum.

Scooter

welcome to smf !!!

show us some pics.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Scooter to SMF. I also would like to see your smoker. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

Anytime something is home made that really catches my eye. I like to see the custom factor. Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks for the welcome all!  I am having a couple of minor modifications made to it this week. 

Splitting the main door because it's just plain too heavy to lift with one hand.  I can two hand it, but it's a monster!

Also, I'm going to get it powder coated to help keep the rust monster away. :)

Going to try a pork butt or two and a ham for Christmas.  Should be fun!

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF. Great looking rig for sure. Can't wait to see your qview

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky