Hello Everyone, Newbie from small town Ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wwright85

Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Hello everyone,

My name is Billy and I'm a 25 year old NDT inspector who travels the majority of the time. I got turned on into smoking last summer thanks for my girlfriends father and after receiving a few gift cards to bass pro for christmas I decided to purchase the Masterbuilt XL Propane smoker. So far I have no complaints about the smoker at all since its been so easy to use and the food has always turned out great!

I started out with a butt, did a Prime rib for the family on New years eve, and since I've done several ribs, beans, mac n cheese and just recently some fatties. Hopefully if I return home from work this week  I will be able to do some pastrami. Thanks to everyone on this forum, since basically everything i've done so far has spawned from posts i've viewed here. I look forward to visiting the site frequently and starting to submit some of the Q-view shots of my finished products

Billy

Hey Billy. Welcome to the site from a fellow Buckeye. I'm kinda new here too and have learned so much from this site. I just did my first pastrami yesterday with what I have learned from everyone here. It turned out great. check it out.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/104480/my-first-pastrami-q-view

welcome1.gif

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF. Sounds like your addicted already. Dont forget to post some pics of some q

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky