Hello All

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

firsttimesmoker

Original poster
Jan 9, 2014
First time smoker here as you could guess by the name. Anyway my name is Paul and I live in Reno,NV I am a chef in the working world and definitely know my way around a grill but smoking meat is very new to me. I have been wanting to start smoking meat for as long as I can remember just couldn't find the time,however this holiday season while browsing at my neighborhood Cabelas I saw a pile of different smokers and just couldn't help myself. I ended up buying a Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite. Which I'm sure some of you know is a pretty basic smoker which I thought would be ideal for a novice. I have already done a whole chicken, pork ribs, and some veggies and potatoes. I currently have a brisket in the smoker and am going to be putting some steelhead and tuna in a little later. I would love any feedback or suggestions as cooking food is my job but it is also my passion. Thanks ahead of time and look forward to meeting you. Your Pal Firsttimesmoker.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   Sounds like a temp gauge problem to me, Pull your gauge off and check it by putting the probe in boiling water, this will tell you where it is reading.
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Sorry about Temp gauge I copied and pasted forgot to take out that part. Sorry

Gary

Hello, you will not regret joining this forum. These folks here are a wealth of knowledge and I have learned so much I would not know where to begin. Welcome, WHB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky