• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Heat dispenser

Juroba

Joined Jun 14, 2021
in my new oklahoma smoker i have also a heat dispenser. Fot equal temperature very nice, but when your smoker is warmer and something dripping on the dispenser in burns en smells. Does somebody has some recommendations?

IMG_6096.JPG

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
A shallow aluminum pan with a little water in it under the cook rack may help.
Jim

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 25, 2017
Welcome to SMF!

Like JLeonard JLeonard said.. a water pan will help keep those drippings of that tray.

Also for easier clean up you can cover that tray in aluminum foil and replace as needed.

Juroba

Joined Jun 14, 2021
Thanks,
but i think this decreases the temperature. Water stops at 100 degrees celcius en sometimes you need 180-200 degrees celcius

Chasdev

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 18, 2020
The water in the pan will absorb heat but the cooker will be producing more heat than the water can hold.
The water will boil away slowly, add moisture to the cook chamber and keep the drippings away from the heat source.
Just add water to the tray every hour or two.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That is the same principal as a RF smoker, the grease burning off the plate flavors the meat.
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.