Heard from the boy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 19, 2008
A Holler in North Iowa
They been keepin him awful busy, lots a convoy missons.

He just got back ta there base, got snowed in a pass an spent 4 days in his truck, didn't really enjoy it. He said it was droppin 13" a hour on em an they just couldn't risk movin on the switch backs.

On there way back a Afgan driver fell asleep an drove through to houses before goin over a 3000' cliff! Wonder what he got fer virgins?

Were gettin excited cause he comes home on leave in February!
yahoo.gif

/ message sig

Reactions: smokinstevo27
Tip I said a little something for your son and the rest of our soldiers keeping us safe. Amen. Now I can sleep tonight. Bless Our Troops!

Glad you got to hear from him Tip and that he is safe. I'm still saying a prayer for him

Tip, on the bright side, with him being from Northern Iowa he is used to lots of the white stuff...LOL

Our prayers are with him and all others who are serving in the Military...

Safe prayers for your son and the rest of our troops! Glad do hear you boy is doing well and hopefully Feb. well get here super fast for you guys!

tip think him for me also

he and all the other guys and gals are why we can stay save and free for now.

next week who knows? 
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

That is great news Tip. Glad he is being safe. Bless him for his service  

That's great Tip!!!

February will be a great month, for a change. 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

God Bless him & his.

Bear

icon_cool.gif

I feel your pain there Tip. Our son has been to Iraq 3 times and won't be going back anymore. I'm glad that you have heard from him too. He and all of his buddies are always in our prays for their safe return. Now if you can get him one of those small laptops he might be able to use Skype it is a great things and thats about the only way don's mom stayed sane believe you me.

He's got a laptop with him, but where there at the internet, what little there be, is very expensive.  The few phones there are have huge lines a folks waitin ta use em.  Him an a buddy wen't in tagether an got a cell phone over there.  It ain't cheap, but they can call when they wan't ta that way.

The calls er few, but we treasure each one.

Good news!  Give him our best and send our thanks to him and all his buddies.  We love and respect them, and we pray for their safe return. 

When he gets back please than him for his service from me and my family... we appreciate all they do to preserve our freedom

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky