Have had package delivery delayed for various reasons, but this is new.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

02ebz06

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 1, 2012
Rio Rancho, NM
Have never seen this reason before. It's from UPS.

03/29/2024
9:30 P.M.
On the Way
A railroad mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're working to deliver your package as soon as possible.

That explains what happened. Haha

It was coming from Los Angeles.

I just had one, priority mail so USPS, that came into Harrisburg regional center, went to their local post office, got flagged, went back to the regional center, went down to Lancaster PA, back to Harrisburg, showed up on a Monday instead of a Saturday (which was fine, it was just pepper seeds from Colorado). Their reasoning, at least what I could see, was that my address was wrong? The company I bought them from verified my address in the USPS database (most do) before they shipped it. It's just an excuse to make it look like someone else did something wrong and they didn't....

Reactions: JLeonard
I just had one, priority mail so USPS, that came into Harrisburg regional center, went to their local post office, got flagged, went back to the regional center, went down to Lancaster PA, back to Harrisburg, showed up on a Monday instead of a Saturday (which was fine, it was just pepper seeds from Colorado). Their reasoning, at least what I could see, was that my address was wrong? The company I bought them from verified my address in the USPS database (most do) before they shipped it. It's just an excuse to make it look like someone else did something wrong and they didn't....
I had once once that made it to Albuquerque, then went back to Arizona where it came from.
Added 5 days to the delivery.

Reactions: ceeaton
abandoned.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky