Hassleback Chicken Breast.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Here is the beginning of my hassleback chicken. These are seasoned only with kosher salt, fresh cracked BP and lemon juice. I will smoke these low around 250* for maybe an hour or less, then I will stuff those cuts with ham, Gouda cheese, onion and tomato. Then top them with a butter garlic with basil mixture, mozzarella and place them in a pan over sliced mushrooms and fresh spinach in the oven To finish. Would love to finish on the smoker but is very messy with the cheese. Stay tuned.

IMG_1590.jpeg

Here is the beginning of my hassleback chicken. These are seasoned only with kosher salt, fresh cracked BP and lemon juice. I will smoke these low around 250* for maybe an hour or less, then I will stuff those cuts with ham, Gouda cheese, onion and tomato. Then top them with a butter garlic with basil mixture, mozzarella and place them in a pan over sliced mushrooms and fresh spinach in the oven To finish. Would love to finish on the smoker but is very messy with the cheese. Stay tuned.

View attachment 674574
I'm in for the finish. Sounds like it'll be a dish that I end up making.

I'm in for the finish. Sounds like it'll be a dish that I end up making.
Nice thing about this dish is that it’s a way to doll up chicken breast. You can take this in almost any flavor direction. Italian, Mediterranean, Mexican or French as in a take on cordon bleu. Also can do a Philly style with peppers and onions or make up your own flavors. Great way to kick the same old chicken and make it delicious. Let the imagination run wild here.

Nice thing about this dish is that it’s a way to doll up chicken breast. You can take this in almost any flavor direction. Italian, Mediterranean, Mexican or French as in a take on cordon bleu. Also can do a Philly style with peppers and onions or make up your own flavors. Great way to kick the same old chicken and make it delicious. Let the imagination run wild here.
Already have a number of variations rattling around in my head lol.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I like this concept.
Big problem is my wife does not like smoked or even charcoal grilled chicken.
My wife created an Italian stir fried chicken dish many years ago. The kids love it.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I like this concept.
Big problem is my wife does not like smoked or even charcoal grilled chicken.

My wife created an Italian stir fried chicken dish many years ago. The kids love it.
100% this can be done in the oven. I did the smoke session just cause, but it’s not necessary.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky